Lesson 12. Eating out. Cooking and Recipes. Bowl Pitcher. Cup, Half cup, Quarter of a Cup. Tea spoon . Table spoon . Dash. Saucepan Pan. Cut / Chop. Oven. Chicken Broth . Chicken Bouillon Cubes. Egg . White. Yolk. Salt Pepper. Pour Stir.
Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan, cover them with COLD tap water (enough to just cover all the eggs).
2. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Keep an eye on the eggs, and as soon as the water is at a rolling boil immediately reduce the heat to a low medium boil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and very quickly place the eggs under ice cold water or in a bowl of iced water to chill quickly and keep the yolk a nice yellow color.
4. Chill for a few minutes in the cold water until the egg is completely cooled. Crack each egg on all sides and peel.
6 eggsDash of saltDash of pepper1/4 tsp. mustard1 1/2 to 2 1/2 T. mayonnaisePaprika
1. Hard boil eggs. Cool 10 minutes and remove shells. Cut into halves lengthwise and remove yolk, place yolk into a small bowl.
2. Cream yolk, salt, pepper, mustard and mayonnaise.
3. Put 1/2 teaspoonful into egg whites and garnish with paprika.
1. Cut tortillas in strips. Fry tortillas in small amount of hot oil until brown and crisp. Drainon paper towels.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add green chiles, broth, chicken, salt to taste, and tomatoes. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon juice.
5. To serve, pour into soup bowls and add tortilla strips. Float a lemon slice in the center of each bowl.