THE XXI CENTURY TRASPORTS . LINK BETWEEN EUROPE AND AFRICA Italy, bridge across Mediterranean Sea. Great buildings in the past and present time. YESTERDAY “To connect the oceans” (Panama, Suez) Powerful states, owners of powerful fleets Through “parallels” The courses to East TODAY
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
LINK BETWEEN EUROPE AND AFRICA
Italy, bridge across Mediterranean Sea
Gibraltar and Mazara two borderlands of Europe
PLAN AND SECTION
-Total length 150 km.
-Submarineportion length 136 km.
- Two galleries (one for each way) with 7.6 m diameter, and a 45 m distance between them.
- Gallery of exploration/service 4.8 m diameter in central position between the transit galleries.
- Practicable total bypass connections every 375m.
- Aerodynamic bypass every 200m.
-Electric supply at the ends linked with national Tunisian/Italian power nets. At least two power stations at the artificial islands.
The realization of the tunnel, by analogy with similar works, is divided in 4 phases at least:
- Geologic research and executive project, planning and commissioning (for a period of about 4 years).
The works for the construction of the tunnel include three phases (for an estimable length of about 7 years):
- Positioning of 4 platforms for the building of artificial islands (well technique) and beginning of the realization of the heads (Pizzolato and Cape Bon terminals).
- digging of the different portions of the tunnel (5 long sections) and building of artificial islands.
- installation of all the technical plants (ventilation systems, drain systems …)