The Circulatory System And Exercise. What Happens To The Heart During Exercise?. Task. Think of as many different responses your body has during exercise! 5 minutes and list them NEATLY! Write the heading Responses to Exercise. The Heart and Cardiovascular System.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
What Happens To The Heart During Exercise?
Cardiac Output = Stroke Vol x Heart Rate
There are 3 main types of blood vessels that carry blood around the body
Arteries are the largest blood vessel in the body, then Veins and the smallest are capillaries
To work effectively the Heart and Lungs need to work together smoothly
Blood with a poor oxygen supply is pumped to the lungs
Oxygen is transferred into the blood at the lungs and travels to the heart
Once the oxygen has been delivered to the body and waste products have been collected the blood returns to the heart
The heart pumps blood around the body delivering oxygen to the working muscles
Oxygen-Loaded blood goes into the Left side of the heart.
Oxygen-pooR blood goes into the Right side of the heart.
As the Heart beats the Artery walls expand, then contract and this is called a PULSE.
4) The heart pumps blood at high pressure into the arteries.
2) The artery walls are made of muscle and elastic tissue. They stretch when blood is pumped in, then contract, squirting it along.
5) The artery branches into smaller tubes called arterioles.
1) The arterioles branch into tiny tubes called capillaries. The thin walls allow food and oxygen to pass out to body cells, and carbon dioxide and other waste to pass in. (This happens in the muscle)
6) Next the blood flows into larger tubes called venules. It has given up its oxygen. It is deoxygenated.
3) From the venules it flows into a vein, which carries it back to the heart.
These are all short term effects of exercise/activity
Larger stronger Heart
LONG TERM EFFECTS OF TRAINING
EFFECT ON TENDONS, LIGAMENTS AND BONES