Attacks. Let us start by looking at traditional attack types. Address spoofing (=cheating) This is a set of attacks where the attacker sets to IP or TCP frames wrong addresses and cheats the system.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
5. server disabled
4. tries to ask from the server
6. hacker answers to the client and gives wrong data
2. kick down the legal server e.g. with a DOS attack
client has some table, like cache for ARP addesesses or for domain names
3. Finally cache entries time out
1. get access to the LAN e.g. as a repair man
[[email protected] prrar]$ id
uid=501(prrar) gid=501(prrar) groups=501(prrar)
[[email protected] prrar]$ gcc pam-mdk.c -o pam-mdk
[[email protected] prrar]$ ./pam-mdk