Aphid-Borne Barley Yellow Dwarf Luteo Virus (BYDV). Viruses identified on Egyptian wheat and barley. Leafhopper-borne wheat dwarf mono- geminivirus (WDV) 2. Seed-borne barley stripe mosaic hordeivirus (BSMV) 3. Leafhopper-borne maize yellow stripe tenuivirus -like (MYSV)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1992,BYDV-PAV has been recorded and identified using Koch postulates (Aboul-Ata, et al, 1992)
1994,First record of 5 BYDV- serotypes (PAV, MAV, RPV, RMV and SGV) occurrence using DAS- ELISA at Purdue Univ., Indiana, USA (Lister, et al, 1994).
1994-2003, Egypt-ICARDA cooperation through Nile Valley Project funded by European countries. It deals with cereal viruses affecting wheat and barley
1994-1999, Different Wheat and barley germplasm were received from CIMMYT every year for BYDV-infection evaluation. Breeding program against BYDV has started 1994
1998,BYDV-PAV typing was done
at INRA, France (Mastari, et al, 1998)
1. Barley yellow dwarf luteovirus (BYDV) has different serotypes i.e. MAV, PAV and SGV
Sequences of the virus specific primers used in the multiplex RT-PCR detection method.
RT-PCR amplified products. M: 100 bp DNA ladder; L1: WSMV; L2: BYDV-PAV; L3: BYDV-MAV; L4: BSMV: L5: BYDV-MAV and BYDV-PAV.
4. BYDVs are transmitted persistently by aphid species and 24-48 hr is enough period as AAP
5. Monogenic incomplete dominant Yd2 and Bdv1 genes are BYDV resistance.
6. Resistance-breaking strains are mutually occurred
Cereal crop hosts of BYDV-PAV and RMV. Wild cereal plants as sources of BYDV-PAV infection are listed
Etiology, Typing and Sub-Typing
1. BYDV-PAV was isolated using R. padi. Virus detection was done using TBIA (Aboul-Ata, et al, 1992).
2. BYDV has five serotypes: PAV, MAV, RMV, RPV and SGV. All of them were recorded in Egyptian cereals (Lister, et al, 1996)
3. Symptom severity range (very severe – very mild/serotype/crop)
4. Dominant BYDV-PAV serotype has 2 subtype i.e. cpA and cpB. using Serological analysis by MAbs, RFLP and SSCP were used for differentiation .
Healthy Control = Fresh weight (1.7)
EW1 = Egypt isolate 1, EW2 = Egypt isolate 2
Phylogenic tree of BYDV-PAV for different cpA and cpB Sub-serotypes
And Non-insect Transmission
in the season period using DAS-ELISA
Inoculation application for sauced seeds of wheat and maize kernels. One pin is used for virus inoculation into wheat seeds. More pines are used for virus inoculation into maize seeds