Freedom of Religion. by Ms. Cupeles I.S. 183. Aim of the Lesson. Students will understand what religious rights the United States of America grants us. Students will learn this by integrating technology through the internet. Introduction (Motivation).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1.One person will find out to whom the Constitution applies.
2. One person is to find out what the
Constitution of the United States says about
3. Three people are to find any prior court cases regarding religion. Once found they must answer the following questions:
a. What were the names of the cases?
b. What were the decisions?
c. Will they help you win your case? How?
The following steps must be understood before looking at the next three slides. They will give you the step by step websites needed to find the information.
(print page if necessary) Now press back to return to previous screen
(print page if necessary) press back in order to return to previous screen
(print if necessary)Press back to return to previous screen
http://www.newadvent.org/docs/dignitatis-humanae.html(a little advanced)
http://w3.trib.com/FACT/1st.relig.liberty.html(other references to the Constitution)
http://w3.trib.com/FACT/1st.airfa.html(Indian religious freedom)
http://www.members.tripod.com/~candst/index.html(separation of Church and State)
http://w3.trib.com/FACT/1st.pres.rel.work.html (Clinton’s view on religion)
http://w3.trib.com/FACT/1st.religion.alert.html(up-to-date cases on freedom of religion)
http://www.calyx.com/~olsen/RELIGION/rfra.html(Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993)
*Grading Rubrics will vary according to individual teachers*
Religious beliefs have always been suppressed and this is why the Constitution came about.
Through this project you have learned that there are many different types of religion and beliefs and that is why our forefathers have given us the Constitution which grants us Freedom of Religion.
1. Students will read, write, listen, and speak for information and understanding.
2. Students will read, write, listen, and speak for literary response and expression.
4. Students will read, write, listen, and speak for social interaction.
1. History of the United States
5. Civics, Citizenship, and Government
2. Students will access, generate, process, and transfer information using appropriate technologies.