ORSA Soft Tissue Infections. Michelle Floris-Moore, MD, MS M. Andrew Greganti , MD. Disclosure of Financial Relationships. Please note that I have had no financial relationships with commercial interests related to this educational activity within the past 12 months. Community-Acquired ORSA.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Michelle Floris-Moore, MD, MS
M. Andrew Greganti, MD
Please note that I have had no financial relationships with commercial interests related to this educational activity within the past 12 months .
Diederen BMW, et al. JID 2006;52:157-168
- Job syndrome; Chediak-Higashi syndrome; Down syndrome;
- Decompensated DM; Rheumatoid arthritis.
SHARING PERSONAL ITEMS
COMPROMISED SKIN INTEGRITY
1. Crum-Cianflone N et al, AIDS Patient Care STDS 2009;23:499-502.
2. Lee NE et al , Clin Infect Dis 2005; 40:1529-34.
3. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, MMWR 2003; 52:88.
4. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, MMWR 2004; 53:767-770.
1.Daum RS. N Engl J Med 2007;357:380-390. 2. King MD et al, Ann Intern Med 2006;144:309-317.
3.Magilner D et al, NC Med J 2008;69:351-54. 4. Shapiro A, et al. NC Med J 2009;70:102-7.
Skin & Soft Tissue Infections
1. Markowitz et al, Ann Intern Med 1992;117:390-398
Daum et al, NEJM 2007;357(40):380
* Rybak MJ et al. Vancomycin Therapeutic Guidelines. CID 2009;49:325-327.
e.g. Osteomyelitis (vertebral, pubic symphisis)
Algorithm available online - http://www.unc.edu/depts/spice/CA-ORSA.html
1. TacconelliE, et al. ClinInfDis 2003; 37:1629-1638.
2. Huang J, et al. Pediatrics 2009;123:e808-814.
A: Culture of a health care worker’s ungloved hand taken after performing an abdominal exam on a patient who had ORSA on surveillance cultures.
B: Culture taken after hand cleaned with alcohol foam.
Donskey CJ, Eckstein BS. NEJM 2009;360:e3