Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Prof. Sonam Bhayani (B.com/ Mba ). BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION. MOTIVATION. DEFINITION:. “Motivation is a strategy adopted by the manager to get the work done.” “The achievement of goals and employee satisfaction are two sides of the same coin of Motivation.”
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Dr. George Terry
It was revealed in different forms :
Incentives are classified into 2 categories :
Instead of financial incentives, non financial incentives also play an effective role for the purpose of authority, post, achievement of goals, security, etc. are important motivators and stimulators.
The important principles of motivation are :
- Basic needs of food, shelter, clothing are included here.
- Needs have no end, and they keep multiplying.
- Security against heat, cold, fright, storms, attacks, etc.
- In modern times, people prefer security of employment, income and security in the surroundings.
- Prefer good behaviour from boss.
- Love and affection from each other.
- Social needs can be satisfied through the group behaviour.
4. The Esteem Needs :
- Satisfaction of ego and self esteem.
- He would like to become leader of the group, direct others and become more famous.
- Such needs can be divided into two:
- Needs of behaving and becoming like a role model.
- Till such needs are not satisfied, the employees constantly try to pursue such needs.
These factors don’t motivate the employee. They are simply maintainance factors which will prevent the employee from getting depressed and dissatisfied.
From this principle it is stated, that the presence of hygienic factors helps to prevent dissatisfaction but to bring in satisfaction for an employee, motivators are required and it is inevitable.
Therefore managers should try to provide hygienic factors to safeguard employees and also motivators so that employees get stimulated.
Theory X is the conventional presumption of managerial control and direction.
Salary and job security play important role in fulfilling the employees basic requirements.
X theory depicts human being as idle, while Y theory describes him as self-motivated.
Every person connected with the organization is aware about its objective and contribute his mite for its accomplishment. For this, the employees should get proper reward.