What do you think about life after death?. Circle the statements that best reflect your views. The Immortal Soul. To define what the soul is To give evidence for the existence of the soul/ spirit To evaluate the importance of having a soul.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Circle the statements that best reflect your views.
To define what the soul is
To give evidence for the existence of the soul/ spirit
To evaluate the importance of having a soul
Look at the definitions. Which do you think best explains what a soul is ? Number them 1 (for best definition) -6.
Write your own definition of a SOUL putting together these ideas.
A The part of a human being that is not physical, and lives on after death
1. Organise the statements according to the kind of evidence they are.
2. Write out one example for each kind of evidence
3. Which evidence do you find most convincing for the existence of an immortal soul? Why?
4. Which evidence do you not find convincing? Why?
1. Draw a stick version of a person with a soul “inside”.
2. Label it with how the soul makes a difference to your life
3. which reasons are the most important to you? Choose 2 and explain why.
**What would be the best way you could “test out” if you had a soul?
You can hope for eternal life
You can pray – have a relationship to God
You can know you are uniquely valuable, because you have a soul
You can experience heaven or hell, spiritual beings
You can know and perceive things in a “spiritual” way
A. Because the soul can never die, it means we are made for eternal life.
D. Because the soul is spiritual, it means you can communicate with God, and share in His (eternal) life
F. The soul makes you properly human. Your body wouldn’t be “human” without it.
C. Your soul is created directly by God, in His own image. This means you are from Him – and incredibly valuable.
E. Your soul is what makes you you, even when you are a baby, or unconscious, or grown up.