140 likes | 317 Views
FALL 2014. What do you know about the world quiz?. 1. Who owns Budweiser?. Anheuser-Busch InBev is a publicly traded company (Euronext: ABI) based in Leuven, Belgium. 2. What is the significance of Bangalore India?.
E N D
FALL 2014 What do you know about the world quiz?
1. Who owns Budweiser? Anheuser-Busch InBev is a publicly traded company (Euronext: ABI) based in Leuven, Belgium
2. What is the significance of Bangalore India? India’s Silicon Valley where many U.S. information technology companies such as Microsoft, Oracle, and Intel have major operations.
3. What are the BRICs? Brazil Russia India China Emerging markets seen as better investment locations than the United States
4. What is the G8? Germany Canada Italy Russia United States Japan United Kingdom France Developed country economies that take lead in global economic policy.
5. What are Sikhs? Adherents to Sikhism, religion founded in 15th century in Punjab in northwest India. Not Hindu and not Moslem. Source: http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/543916/Sikhism
6. What are the Maldives? Island nation in India Ocean that faces disappearance due to climate change. Source: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/SOUTHASIAEXT/0,,contentMDK:22413695~pagePK:146736~piPK:146830~theSitePK:223547,00.html
7. What country is the largest supplier of oil to the United States? • Canada • Saudi Arabia • Mexico Source: U.S. Energy Information Agency, http://www.eia.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html
8. What do you know about Malaysia? Former British colony Emerging market Islamic Petronas Towers
9. Where is Kenya? East Central Africa touching Indian Ocean
10. What one word would you use to describe the United States? BIG ISOLATED AUTONOMOUS OPPORTUNITIES MOBILITY
11. What is the balance of trade? Differences between exports and imports • Imports>Exports is trade deficit • Imports<Exports is trade surplus The balance of trade account along with capital and financial accounts in a country’s balance of payments that must equal ZERO.
How do Indians of South Asia eat? With their right hand and NEVER with the left hand. How do Europeans eat? Knife in right hand and fork in left hand. How do Americans eat? Alternately using knife in right hand and fork in left hand to cut food, putting down knife, and replacing it with fork in right hand to pick up food.
Why floss your teeth? For good dental care To prevent heart disease