Pastor / Teacher James H. Rickard Tuesday, November 25, 2008 Grace Fellowship Churchwww.GraceDoctrine.org
Memory Verse Gal 5:16, “Walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.”
The Upper Room DiscourseJohn 13-16John 13:27Demonic Possession
7. Idolatry is the basic system for demon possession.Lev 17:7; Deut 32:17; Psa 96:5, 106:37-39
8. Demon influence, is the infiltration of satanic thought into the soul of a believer or unbeliever, 1 Tim 4:1; Eph 4:17, or the substitution of emotion for thought.
9. Satan uses certain demons to produce disease or physical handicaps in human beings, Job 2:6-8; Mat 12:22; Luke 13:16; Acts 10:38.
1. Sacrifice to demons is prohibited by God, Lev 17:7; Deut 32:17.
2. Heathen nations and their worship, were strictly demon possessed and influenced, Psa 96:5. The idols of these nations were demons.
3. It included the most horrible sexual practices, such as rape, homosexuality, bestiality, and the sacrifice of children, Psa 106:37-39.
1. Angels of Light; They appear as servants of righteousness, to deceive the weak into believing various falsehoods purported to be Christianity, 2 Cor 11:13-15.
a. They teach a worthless savior, 1 John 4:1-4; 1 Tim 3:16 - 4:3.
c. They teach a libertine ethic: teaching wrong is right, Rev 2:20-24.
2. Roaring Lions, They are wicked, unclean, and vicious.1 Peter 5:8; Mat 8:28, 10:1.
Mat 8:28, “When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way.”
Mat 10:1, “Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.”
3. There are degrees of wickedness represented by these spirits. Mat 12:43-45
4. Demon possession explains supernatural phenomena (Divine healing, speaking in tongues, rise of certain world rulers and wars, anti-Semitism, contacting the dead, etc.).
1. When a culture recognizes God's Divine Institutions, He will impede gross demon activity.
In cultures where there is an absence of authority orientation, the more extravagant the manifestations of demon possession.
2. Demon possession is often unsuspected because they are capable of inspiring a moral and exemplary life. And appearing as the dominating spirit of a "spiritist" or "medium".
3. Missionaries in heathen lands record the grosser manifestations of demon possession.
4. The characteristics of demon-possession are varied ranging from mild to severe and even bizarre. For example:
Grace Fellowship ChurchTuesday, November 25, 2008 Tape # 08-085 Demon Possession, Part 2 Upper Room Discourse, Part 226 John 13:27; Mat 8:28; 10:1; 12:43-45 James H. Rickard Bible Ministries 2008