GSC Reorg Proposal. January 2014. Proposal Outline. Needs Assessment: For a Reorganization Some Context: Last Year & This Year The Proposal: For Next Year Reasoning & Open Discussion Next Steps. I. Needs Assessment. Currently the GSC is comprised of 28 Leadership Positions .
Needs Assessment: For a Reorganization
Some Context: Last Year & This Year
The Proposal: For Next Year
Reasoning & Open Discussion
Dir. of Technology
How we’re going to get things done better.
And how we’re going to pay for all of it.
VP of Finance
Amanda Kelley & Michelle Dilanian
VPs of Evening Students
VP of Fast-Track
VP of Marketing & Communications
Effectively Communicating to the Community.
Dir. of Int’l Affairs.
Extracurricular Life Is Half of Your Education
Ensuring a Strong Future Student Body
Coordination with Deans & Faculty
Staying Connected After Babson
The Internship and Job Search Process
A Sound Body & Mind, and Healthy Habits
VP of Student Activities
Dir. of Alumni Relations
VP of Academic Affairs
Dir. Of CCD Relations
Dir. of Student Health
Dir. of Partners Program
Dir. of Admissions for
Dir. of Admissions for
• Responsible for recruiting the future classes of Babson MBAs.
• Work with Alumni Office to help vet future applicants to ensure a correct “fit” with Babson.
• Full adoption of the “No Asshole Rule.”
• Make sure that students have what they need for the most productive educational experience possible.
• Ensure access to all necessary materials.
• Work towards full adoption and utilization of current and new IT tools.
• Responsible for coordinating existing health-oriented programs at Babson, and create a culture of physical and mental wellness.
• Be a liaison between these clubs and the GSC.
• Work with CCD to be sure that individual student needs/goals are met.
• Incorporate disparate processes (CCD advisors, MTYOO, Personality tests etc.) and develop a more holistic approach for each student.
• Encourage greater Alumni involvement in the Babson MBA program, most importantly networking and mentorship to current students.
• Continue to strengthen the Class of 2013 involvement, and future classes.
Brian DePamphilis & _
• Improve upon existing events and initiatives, and don’t be afraid to kill ones that aren’t working.
• Consistent, high-quality events with involvement/appeal across all classes.
2 CDRS: Guillermo Turull and RishabhAggarwal + 6 First Year Reps
New Roles Proposed
Old Roles Cut
& Some Structural Changes
The new composition is slightly smaller but hopefully more effective
Recommended, but Flexible Year to Year
The New Structure
VP of Academic Affairs (1)
VP of Club Management
VP of Finance (1)
Executive VP (1)
VP of Activities (2)
VP of Communication/PR/Secretary
First Year Class Reps (6)
Director of Events Marketing (1)
Director of the Partners Program (!)
Director of International Students (1)
Director of Health And Wellness
Blue- new positions
Red- cut positions
just extra slides
Community Development Reps: Guillermo Turull and RishabhAggarwal