Community Diagnosis. Dr. Rasha Salama PhD Community Medicine Suez Canal University Egypt. Definition of a “Community”. A cluster of people with at least one common characteristic (geographic location, occupation, ethnicity, housing condition……)
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
PhD Community Medicine
Suez Canal University
1. Community core: history, socio-demographic characteristics, vital statistics, values/beliefs/religions.core
2. Eight subsystems:
Nutritional status indicators
Health care delivery indicators
Indicators of social and mental health
Health policy indicators
Indicators of quality of life
Other indicatorsClassification of health Indicators
- The traditional measures of health status.
- Data on morbidity are preferable, although often difficult to obtain.
- It is an indicator of positive health
- Reflect the Equity / Provision of health care
- Extent of use of health services
- Proportion of people in need of service who actually receive it in a given period
- Valid positive indicators does not often exist
- Indirect measures are commonly used
- Reflect the quality of environment
- Is not a direct measure of health status.
- For interpretation of health care indicators.
- Allocation of adequate resources.