1. Interior Designer Brandi Peter
2. A description of the job interior design is how to enhance the function, safety, and beautifulness of a space by using different colors, textures, furniture, lighting, and space.
3. Required training and education Post secondary education
2-4 years of college
Need a license
4. What school subjects apply to this career? CAD
Color and fabrics
5. Personal abilities and interests needed Creativity
Must be able to communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
6. What career cluster does this job fit in? Marketing, sales, and service.
7. What career interests apply? Doer
8. What are the working conditions? The working conditions and places may vary.
9. Dress requirements Business casual
10. Work schedule The work schedule depends on the clients’ deadlines and/or schedules.
11. Average earnings The middle 50% earns between $31,830 and $57,230.
The lowest 10% earns less than $24,220.
The highest 10% earns more than $78,760.
12. Future outlook It grows 19% each year faster than average because of economic expansion, growing homeowner wealth, and increasing interest in interior design.
13. Interesting or unusual facts You need a license to become an interior designer.
14. Why would you like or dislike this job? I would not like this job because I have to work with the clients’ schedule and you have to bend your schedule to fit your clients’ schedule.
I would like this job because I am creative and I think it would be fun.
15. Bibliography http://www.bk.gov/oco/ocos293.html