general info about ayurveda and panchkarma
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Ayurveda is science of life.
It deals with the entire creation with special emphasis on the biology of life. Since life is always existent in this world in one or other form, so is truth of ayurveda
As quoted in ‘Charaka Samhita’
disease, but also helps in preservation of health.
cost is taken in account.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity
i.e. It treats the person as a whole and not a single disease
Panchkarma is mainly a detoxification therapy consisting of five main therapies.
1. Vamana ( Emesis )
2. Virechana ( Purgation )
3. Basti ( Medicated Enema )
4. Nasya ( Errhine therapy )
5. Rakthmokshana ( Blood letting )
1) Kaya - comprising of general medicine / all somatic disorders 2) Bal - comprising of gynecology, obstetrics, pediatrics 3) Graha - comprising of psycho-somatic disorders
4) Urdhvang - comprising of ENT, ophthalmology, head & brain 5) Shalya - comprising of surgery 6) Danshtra - comprising of toxicology 7) Rasayana - comprising of geriatrics & immunological studies8) Vajikarana - comprising of sexual disorder studies
surgical treatment. So that the
reoccurrence of disease can be checked.
treatment of chronic diseases.
Excess toxins are eliminated by this
process thus giving medicine more space
to act fast.
to cure a disease is shortened, total cost
of treatment goes down.
Go for Udvartana
Go for Shiro - dhara
Go for Pinda - Sweda
Go for Vamana - Virechana
Go for Nasya
contributes to the Rotary Mission,
to help build a better world,
by enhancing the quality of life.