Supply Chain Security AND TRADE AND ROAD TRANSPORT FACILITATION:FROM VISION TO REALITY JORDANIAN EXPERIENCE Jamil Mujahed.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Jordan has played an important role in serving as a transit country within the Middle East Region. It contributed to enhancing the regional economic development and cooperation through the facilitation of movement of passengers and goods through its borders.
Trade and Transport Facilitation provides important benefits:
Increase trade competitiveness through better logistics, border management, and availability of services for overall improved supply chain performance Result is better cash flow, lower risk, just in time delivery, and more market opportunities (volume and diversification)
The key barriers to trade include:
• Lack of international electronic trading standards
• Protection of markets
• Bureaucratic border controls
• Poor infrastructure
• Criminal activity
• Lack of training.
• Jordan Customs shall assume the duty of the administrative supervision on the activities of the parties participating in the single window at the border
• Agreement to exchange data and information between the participating agencies and develop a vision for that
• Adoption of the customs clearance system "ASYCUDA" for the purposes of the exchange of risk management data and information for each agency.