Marketing 4.03 & 4.04. Understand promotional channels used to communicate with targeted audiences. Trends that affect advertising media.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Understand promotional channels used to communicate with targeted audiences.
Many people are unaware of how the personal information they include on an order form or survey may be used for targeted advertising later.
Can lead to direct marketing overload, as potential customers and clients become overwhelmed with catalogs, unsolicited emails and unwanted phone calls.
Concern that personal information collected by legitimate direct marketing agencies could be purchased by unscrupulous or shady companies for the express purpose of fraud.
Ex: A customer orders a swimsuit from a clothing catalog, he or she might naturally be interested in swimming pool supplies or exercise equipment as well.
4. Niche – specialized Ex. A small retail chain sells specialized products to sports enthusiasts decides to create a direct-mail advertising campaign by using a niche catalog
5. Direct advertising strategies tend to motivate the consumer to take action – buy. Ex. Someone orders an exercise machine by telephone after viewing an infomercial
6. Sales promotion where a customer fills out a provided form, copies the sales receipt and cuts out a special code on the packaging and mails these back to the manufacturer in order to receive cash is a rebate. Often used with phones.
7. A corporation’s public relations department maintains positive relationships with shareholders with newsletters, annual reports and the company’s web site.
8. Word-of-mouth advertising where a customer becomes an advocate for the company and tells others about the product’s features and benefits is organic marketing.
NOW LET’S take a look at the handout!!!!