MAY 15 th 2009 Issue. AAFP JOURNAL REVIEW. AAFP JOURNAL REVIEW. Resistant hypertension SIDS Latent TB infection High Quality Review articles. MCQ. 1. Which of the following is/are true with regard to high quality review articles?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Which of the following is/are true with regard to high quality review articles?
“difficult-to-control HTN ”
- 1kg Wt reduction = 1-2.4mmHg BP
- diet, orlistat, bariatric surgery
Check K, cr 2 wks after start of ACE/ARB
30% rise in cr, K up to 5.5 are acceptable
1. Which one of the following is a cause of truly drug-resistant hypertension?
7. Which of the following is/are causes of apparently difficult-to-control hypertension? (check all that apply)
8. Which of the following is/are treatment options for drug-resistant hypertension?
Illicit drug use
Poor prenatal care
+ underlying vulnerability (unidentified)
+ exogenous stress (eg prone sleeping)
+ critical developmental period (< 1yo)
15% of cases?
infant, smoking, etoh, drugs.
adult on couch or armchair
s in muscle tone
& choking or gasping
3. The parents of a newborn ask about risks associated with their infant sleeping in bed with them. Which one of the following statements is correct? (check one)
2. A two-month-old boy is rushed to the emergency department because he briefly turned pale, choked, and went limp. Which one of the following evaluations is most likely to lead to a diagnosis? (check one)
9. Which of the following practices is/are or may be protective against sudden infant death syndrome?
Some medically inderserved low income populations
Not generally available
12h time limit blooddraw to lab
Determination of Sens/spec has not been completes
Risk stratified cut-offs lacking
(N, V, jaundice, dark urine, abd pain)
4. Which one of the following is the treatment of choice for adults with latent tuberculosis infection?
10. Routine screening for tuberculosis is recommended for which of the following groups of patients?
Increased LTBI risk
5. Which one of the following statements about preeclampsia is correct?
6. Based on recommendations from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF), which of the following statements about iron deficiency anemia is/are correct?