The Journey towards the Patient Centered Medical Home. Xavier Sevilla M.D. FAAP Whole Child Pediatrics MCRHS Inc. Whole Child Pediatrics. Whole Child Pediatrics Opened November 2007 Using the Principles of a PCMH from creation. 2 Pediatricians 2 Nurses 2.5 Clerical.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Xavier Sevilla M.D. FAAP
Whole Child Pediatrics
1. Successful implementing components which did not interfere with current processes, practice staff roles
2. Struggled with components that required fundamental changes in established routines.
3. Transformation is more that a series of incremental changes
4. Two years is not enough to totally transform work processes
5. Internal practice relationship systems need to be addressed before transformation can occur.
Dynamic Local Ecology
Relationship-Centered Capacity Model
Safran,Miller et al J Gen Intern Med 2006:21:S9-15
6.Mutual Respect: between all members of the team valuing each other’s contribution.
7.Trust in other members of the practice being capable and committed.
“ Un Medico Cura…
Tres Muerte Segura”
What are we trying to accomplish?
How will we know that a change is an improvement?
What change can we make that will result in improvement?