Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author. While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What pH represented the acid? • 2. What pH represented the base? • 3. How much more acidic was the acid than the neutral solution? • 4. What ions are released from an acid? • 5. What part of a base accepts the ions of an acid?
6. Which pH tested causes the least damage to the beet cells? • 7. How does this lab show the importance of homeostasis? • 8. What is the value of using the colorimeter in this experiment? • 9. What does the absorbance value of the colorimeter refer to?
10. Why is it so important to thoroughly rinse the pH probe before taking the pH of a different solution? • 11. Explain a neutralization reaction using acids and bases.
Test structure • 66 multiple choice/matching questions (66 points) • 1 short extended response question (4 points)
Key points of chapters 1 and 2 • 1. What is the smallest unit of life? • 2. What is the most inclusive level of organization of life on our planet? • 3. What is the steady state of an organism called? • 4. What is the blueprint molecule of life that brings about control?
5. What is an emergent property? (The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.) • 6. How does energy move through an ecosystem? • 7. What is the largest classification grouping used by biologists today? • 8. What would mutation in a population bring about?
9. What is the value of an organism having strong adaptive traits? • 10. What is a hypothesis? • 11. What is most often done by a biologist to test a hypothesis? • 12. How does a law relate to a theory? • 13. Of what value is a control group to an experiment?
14. How is evolution related to natural selection? • 15. Explain the general structure of an atom. • 16. What does atomic number represent? • 17. What does atomic mass represent? • 18. Why is a tracer molecule able to be detected as it passes through the body?
19. What subatomic particle of an element may vary in number? • 20. Explain the significance of the octet rule. • 21. What is the major difference between a hydrophobic and an hydrophilic molecule? • 22. Compare the three major types of chemical bonds.
23. What type of bond is most expected when two hydrophilic compounds are mixed together? • 24. How is a hydrogen bond represented by diagram? • 25. Why do we know oil is a hydrophobic molecule?
26. Compare cohesion and adhesion. • 27. Explain why cohesion and adhesion occurs? • 28. How does a buffer relate to homeostasis within an organism? • 29. What are the two products of a neutralization reaction?