News to Share Spring 2013. IN THE NEWS CPAN ® / CAPA ® Certification is Growing Encourage your colleagues to join over 10,000 perianesthesia nurses who have become certified. Strengthens personal and professional pride Validates specialized knowledge and experience
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
IN THE NEWS
CPAN® / CAPA®Certification is Growing
Encourage your colleagues to join over 10,000 perianesthesia nurses who have become certified.
IN THE NEWS
ABPANC Elects Two Board Members and New ECC Co-Chair
Earn Free Contact Hours
Interested in becoming a Certification Coach?
We have all the support materials you need to lead a small group of certification candidates as you help them prepare to take a CPAN and/or CAPA exam. Volunteer Coaches earn three contact hours for each participant coached up to a maximum of 60 contact hours in their 3 year period of certification. Join 104 Coaches in 26 states.
Contact Zelda Williams for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2013 Examination Schedule:
Registration Window – Online July 15 – September 9
Examination Administration Window October 7 – November 16
Period for Scheduling Exam Appt. Upon receipt of ATT letter
with Prometricthrough November 14
Deadline for Rescheduling or Canceling Appt.
• 31 calendar days beforescheduled test date - no charge.
• 3-30 calendar days before scheduled test date - $62.50.
• Less than 3 days - $66.24.
www.prometric.com/abpancis your source for the most up to date certification exam locations.
The recertification process is done completely online. Individuals due for recertification should read the Recertification Handbook (www.cpancapa.org > Recertification).
• Fall 2013 Recertification notices will be sent out in July.
• Certificants can create a user account by visiting the ABPANC website and clicking the Create User Account link found on the Home Page under Recertification.
• Certificants can track their contact hours in the new electronic filing cabinet, update their contact information, receive emails from ABPANC, and complete the recertification process.
• Certificants can enter their contact hours as they earn them by visiting the ABPANC website and clicking the Continual Learning Log link found on the Recertification page.
Your ABPANC Board Representative
Board representatives would welcome the opportunity to
attend your annual component meeting.You may contact your representative(s) as noted below.
Region One: Annette Brancatiabrancati@att.net
Region Two: Tony Pridemoretonypridemore@hotmail.com
Laura Williams email@example.com
Zoni Gazy firstname.lastname@example.org
Region Three: Kathy Paskewitz email@example.com
Region Four: Pat Bouchard firstname.lastname@example.org
Region Five: Tony Pridemoretonypridemore@hotmail.com
Laura Williams email@example.com
Great news! The Buy one Get One Free Practice Exam program has been extended until July, 2013!
Online Practice Exams (www.cpancapa.org > Certification) are available for people studying for CPAN and/or CAPA certification. There are virtually an unlimited number of 50 question practice exams available to take. Get two practice exam for $35. Contact hours may also be earned.
This comprehensive 12-week study plan organizes subject matter into topics that can be reviewed in approximately four hours per week. This free guide is ideal for Coaches, small groups or your own personal study plan.
Download your copy at: www.cpancapa.org > Certification > Exam Preparation > CPAN/CAPA 12-Week Study Plan
• For information about finding a Certification Coach or forming study groups, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• FAQ's, found under the Certification section of the ABPANC website, answer questions concerning the taking an exam by computer.
Visit Our New Online Store
We added seven new items to our online store with CPAN and CAPA logos.
We have T-shirts, travel mugs, tote bags, badge holders, pens and much more. Share your pride and enjoy quality products at great prices.
Visit the store at www.cpancapa.org > Resources > CPAN, CAPA Store.
New CPAN / CAPA Scholarship Program:
ABPANC will be introducing in mid-June a new scholarship program to provide a significant number of scholarships for certification and recertification fees to qualified candidates
where hospital reimbursement is not available.
Full details to be announced on our website
announcements and updates
CPAN® and CAPA® Certification:
Nursing Passion in Action!®