URBAN HEALTH PLAN “OUR QUALITY JOURNEY”. Paloma Hernandez Health Foundation of South Florida November 15, 2007. URBAN HEALTH PLAN BRONX, NEW YORK. Founded in 1974 by Dr. Richard Izquierdo El Nuevo San Juan Health Center Bella Vista Health Center Plaza del Castillo Health Center
Health Foundation of South Florida
November 15, 2007
First Attempt at EHR Implementation
First JCAHO Survey
- Quality Council
- Clinical Quality Sub council
- Operations Sub council
1. Learning Model
2. Chronic Care Model
3. Model for Improvement
A population-based model that relies on knowing which patients have the illness, assuring that they receive evidence-based care and actively aiding them to participate in their own care
Provided comprehensive framework from where to begin to our work
1. Developed an AIM Statement
2. Developed a Population of Focus
3. Developed Outcome Measures
4. Selected Team of Masterminds
5. Selected Collaborative Teams
6. Selected Team Leaders
7. Kick off Teams
FINANCIAL AND HUMAN RESOURCE STRATEGY….
- Diabetes - External Referrals
- Teen Obesity - Finance
- Diabetes II - Geriatric Program Development
- Cycle Time - Teen Pregnancy Prevention Program Development
8 Masterminds trained to date
To improve the health status of underserved communities by developing and disseminating innovative best practices.
1. Support Teams
2. Oversee QM Plan and all PI work
3. Developed Risk Management and Safety Committee and oversee activity
4. Staff of 4.5 FTE
5. Will develop Utilization management component
Performance Improvement Function
Recommendation:Needle-less Retractable Syringes
possibilities are endless !!!!!
to us !!!!!
President/Chief Executive Officer
Urban Health Plan, Inc.
1065 Southern Boulevard
Bronx, New York 10459