Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
International Workshop in Indonesia “ How to Develop Education about Standardization for Developing Countries” Semarang, 20-21 October 2009. Hosted by. Indonesian Standardization Society, Central Java Regional Office. National Standardization Agency BSN. Diponegoro University, Semarang.
International Workshop in Indonesia “How to Develop Education about Standardization for Developing Countries” Semarang, 20-21 October 2009
Indonesian Standardization Society,
Central Java Regional Office.
National Standardization Agency
The need for ‘standardization experts’ is increasing all over the world
Public awareness of standard and standardization is still very limited, especially for academicians and industriesBackgrounds
To motivate academician to implement Standard Education as part of the curricula in Higher EducationObjectives
1. Chairman of BSN, DR. Bambang Setiadi, MS.
“In the future,universities as educational institutions play an important roleto produce ‘standardization experts’ who will entering the global business”
2. Mr. Toshi Kurokawa, Japan The Former ICES President
“ The mission of ICES is to promote education about standardizationand improve its quality and attractiveness for all stakeholders”
Stakeholders perspectives on Standardization and the need for Standard Education
Dissemination of information about the importance of SE in Developing Countries
Expert Perspectives on Higher Education Curriculum and Textbook Development on StandardizationSubjects of The Workshop
Closing Session :
Case Study & Simulation on Standard Development
Attended by 60 people, representatives of participating universities and industries from all over Indonesia
Global standards and standardization is a trend to the future;
Education is the key for Academia-Industry cooperation
Learn, Think, Act, and Check
National Perspectives :
Standardization has an important share for national economic growth and shall be supported by educated human resources interms of quantity and quality
Knowledge on standardization that should be covered in the curriculum of Higher Education :
a. Understanding on the philosophy of standard
b. Standard interpretation
c. Market Characteristic knowledge
d. Standards on product knowledge and management systemConclusions
Efforts should be made to strengthen and facilitate a core of lecturers at each university
The core group of lecturers shall be given adequate support such as :Recommendations
1. Understanding the WTO/TBT Agreement shall be included in awareness program on standards education;
2. Learning and Catching Up on standardization as quality enforcement must be implement in potential universities
3. Government has to motivate students/engineers/ management to participate in standard education
4. Education materials shall be available on internet
5. Enhancing standard education network at national and international level for promoting participation of experts in standardization activities;
6. Evaluation must be conducted continually, to identify the progress for improvement.
Dewi Odjar Ratna Komala
Deputy Chairman for Information and Promotion of Standardization
National Standardization Agency, Indonesia