8000 BCE – 600 CE BROAD TRENDS. GLOBAL POWER AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS. • Early on, the most advanced civilizations were to be found in the Middle East (especially the river valleys of Egypt and Mesopotamia) and China.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
• Early on, the most advanced civilizations were to be found in the Middle East (especially the river valleys of Egypt and Mesopotamia) and China.
• As time passed, other developed societies emerged. Especially powerful and sophisticated was the Mediterranean world (particularly Greece and Rome).
• Most governments were monarchies (rule by a single leader) or oligarchies (rule by a small elite). More representative forms of government, such as republics and democracies, were very rare.
• Resource consumption and extraction increased, causing human societies to have a greater (and often negative) impact on the environment.
• Prehistoric societies buried their dead, worshipped gods, and practiced religious rituals.