A. P. 1. The setting of the story. Location:. In an August. At a hotel in Paris. Time:. Character’s Situation :. The receptionist:. Sick of tourists’ children. The father :. A complacent government man; A sort of friend of the next President. The mother :.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The setting of the story
In an August
At a hotel in Paris
Character’s Situation :
Sick of tourists’ children
A complacent government man;
A sort of friend of the next President
wishing her husband to be a divorce lawyer
Doesn’t like being called “Jnr.”
The adults have the conspiracy to do their duty.
1. The Scobies put up at a hotel in Paris.
2. The father especially ordered Room 305.
3. The couple went out for dinner and the child was left alone in
the hotel room .
4. The receptionist brought in the food for the child and they started to talk.
5. The father’s photo in the magazine reminded the receptionist of his staying in the same room with a girl other than the child’s mother 10 or 12 years before.
6. The receptionist started to tell the child the story of DJS and A.P.
The child got to know his father’s romantic past and thought about the way to shake his father’s complacency by saying the two letters: A.P.
5. The conflict:
The generation gap between the adults and the child.
6. The denouement: (the outcome of the conflict )
The boy didn’t say anything to shake his father’s complacency but went to bed and saw A.P. and said A.P. in his dream.
1) Boring wither one another is the general atmosphere
in American family life.
2) There was no conjugal fidelity between husband and wife.
3) Sincerity is rare in social as well family relation.
4) Conspiracy is in the marrow of American social
as well as family life.
1) In the development of the plot
a. The generation gap between adults and the child.
b. The father’s special order of Room 305.
c. The father’sphoto in the magazine
d. The poem written in the cupboard
e. The two initials:DJS and A.P
2) The characterization of the child
a. The child’s psychology about the adult world.
b. The child’s understanding of the adult world.
a. The relation between husband and wife
b. Therelation betweenthe father & the next President
c. The relation between father and son
4) The thoughtful ending
a. How would the child think about his father?
b. Would the child say A.P.
to shake his father’s complacency?
c. what to do to bring sincerity back
in social as well family relation?