The Power of Laughter. TOP 10 LIST What I Didn’t Know Until I Had Kids. 10. How bright a 3 a.m. full moon is 9. The design marvels of hooded towels, Velcro-strap shoes and mitten clips. 8. Which lines of The Cat in the Hat can be skipped over without a child noticing
10. How bright a 3 a.m. full moon is
9. The design marvels of hooded towels, Velcro-strap shoes and mitten clips.
8. Which lines of The Cat in the Hat can be skipped over without a child noticing
7.Scientific names of dinosaurs from A to Z
6. That one can never own too many sippy cup lids or refrigerator magnets
4. Why anyone would bother retracing their steps for miles just to retrieve a lost blankie.
3. Locations of public restrooms all across town.
1. How to change a diaper in the dark, in a parked car, on a standing child and all of the above simultaneously.
“Humor is something that causes a tickling of the brain. Laughter is invented to scratch it.”
WHAT WE WILL COVER TONIGHT
Reduces stress hormones (cortisol)
Strengthens immunity (t-cells)
Decreases sensitivity to pain (endorphins)Effects of Laughter on the Body“The simple truth is that happy people generally don’t get sick.” Bernie Siegel M.D.
Numerous experts have espoused the use of humor in their fields for various physiological and psychological benefits. The use of humor has been recommended as a business management tool that promotes a productive work environment. (From the article Why Use Humor in the Classroom?)
Laughing at someone
Requires understanding social cues
Targets others in a negative way
Ridiculing and taunting others
Laughing with someone
Does not require understanding social cues
Funny & laughable comments
For the enjoyment of all
Comical and amusing for allSarcasm vs. Humor