HQ PIPELINE WORKSHOP. ROME 10 - 11 JULY 2002. PIPELINE CO-ORDINATION IN WFP. Roles and Responsibilities. Country Office. What? When? Where? = REQUIREMENTS. Service Providers. RE, ODP, MSP, OTS, OTF, OTL and the Bureau Support to the Country Office = TIMELY DELIVERY OF FOOD.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
ROME 10 - 11 JULY 2002
Roles and Responsibilities
= TIMELY DELIVERY OF FOOD
Country Office Pipeline Focal Point (PFP)
2. Issues Resource Requests (RRs) - (the call forward, when funded). If WINGS is not operational at CO level, the BO will raise it for the CO.PFP
4. Develops the country office commodity pipeline strategy and call-forward plan.PFP
Liaises with BPO and ODP regarding selection of commodities and delivery corridors.
7. Chairs an inter-departmental working group at the CO level with all Officers concerned with CO pipeline management.PFP
9. Informs BPO of changes in food requirements.
10. Tracks food movements from the point of entry to beneficiaries and prepares pipeline reports.
11. Provides info to BPO regarding the pipeline.PFP
Bureau Pipeline Officer (BPO)
2. Provides overall regional analysis on pipeline situation for the region to the Bureau Director as required.
3. If WINGS connectivity is not in place, issues RRs
4. Provides assistance to PFP regarding the call forward of food.BPO
6. Maintains a database to monitor the status of intra-regional loans, borrowings and swaps.
7. Maintains pipeline reports in his/her region
8. Will be responsible for pipeline management training activities.BPO
10. Analyses the annual requirement for development projects with respect to absorption capacity.
11. In the case of sudden complex emergency, provides support to PFP if required by the Bureau Director.
12. Assists in quality control of the reports submitted by the COs.BPO
14. Issues RRs and decides allocations for all regional operations that include more than one country.
15. Posts project specific pipeline reports once a month and upon request to the BB.BPO
RE- Resources Mobilization Officer (RMO)
2. Confirms contributions in the RMS and sends the summary to the CO, BO and HQ.
3. Prior accepting CLC funds with conditions and/or timeframes, RE should consult with MSP and CO Logistics to ensure that either or both are realistically possible.RE
5. Requests global priority lists regarding different operations from ODP. Regarding specific pipeline information, RE will contact directly with CO.RE
ODP - Programme Officer
2.Allocates multilateral funds as they are available according to global
Operational needs, and in coordination with BPO, Country Directors and MSP.
3. Coordinates pipeline co-ordination with respect to fund management function.ODP
5. Updates as needed requested delivery dates of PRs and changes the dates.ODP
7. Provides information to RE and senior management on the level of resources flowing to individual operations.ODP
9. Co-ordinates inter-regional loans/swaps and ensures that all necessary conditions for loans/swaps are met, including donor concurrence through RE.ODP
MSP - Procurement Officer
2. Issues international tenders for major commodities every two weeks.
3. Advises ODP if requested delivery date cannot be met; ODP then works with PFP and BPO to modify requested delivery dates.MSP
5. Provides guidance, support, oversight and approval of local and regional purchases effected through the country officesMSP
OT - OTS, OTL, & OTF
2. OTF and OTS will coordinate shipping data (booking/booking confirmation/sailing advice/bill of lading) entry into WINGS.OT