Ms. Burton. English 9A. Warm-Up. Every day a warm-up will be on the board for you to complete. Start working on it as soon as you come into class. Describe an obstacle you overcame over the weekend. What happened? How did you overcome that obstacle? . Vocabulary Week #1.
1) Untenanted (adj.): Not leased to or occupied by a tenant. (An unoccupied apartment).
2) Invalid (n): Patient, sick person.
3) Infallibility (n): The inability to be wrong.
4) Unfurled (adj.) : Become spread out from a rolled state.
5) Blighted (adj) : Spoiled, harmed or destroyed.
6) Doggedness (n): Persistent determination.
7) Poised (adj): Having a self-assured manner.
8) Precariously (adv): Dangerously lacking in security.
9) Gilded (adj): Covered thinly with gold leaf.
10) Evanesce (v): Pass out of sight, memory or existence.