SOCIAL SKILLS. SOCIAL SKILLS IN INFANT EDUCATION.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- Direct experience
1. Taking care of children´s self-esteem. Helping them to form a positive image about themselves. They will have strength to develop themselves in a social way and not to blame themselves for those situations that are not positive for them. For that purpose, criticizing the action and not the person: suggesting to them appropriate goals, by using praises but realistic ones.
2. Transmitting values to children. They must learn to appreciate themselves and the others. Teach them to respect, to put up with others and listen to.
3. Being an example for them. Acting in a coherent way transmitting what you want them to do when you are with them.
4. EDUCACIOTalking to them and working the ideas and believes they have. Explaining the situation when you are talking about a social situation, helping them to understand.
5. Encouraging the capacity of listening and understanding the others. To get that, listening to them and teaching them to listen to others.
6. Using reinforcement. Reinforcing that appropriate behavior,as listening to others or answering in a polite way. In those cases we interact socially with the children and reinforce in a negative way the inappropriate behaviors: shouts, lack of attention, and so on. Do not interact with them in these cases.
7. EDUCACIOTrying to give children a rich environment about relationship. It is important for children to have different social experiences so that they can test, learn and lose fear to different situations.
8. Encouraging children to participate in different groups or doing activities with other people, without your presence. It is important that children can learn to manage by their own, without the protection of adults.
9. When children suffer from some social situation where they are pushed away or in some negative situations, they must learn about them but you must explain to them the situation.
At school we work these skills with daily activities that allow children to achieve more autonomy, developing their capacities and acceptation by others.
COMENIUS TEACHERS TEAM EDUCACIO
C.E.P. “FRANCISCO ARGOS”
VENTA DE BAÑOS