Population Dynamics. HOMEWORK (write answer in complete sentences!) Chapter 8 in Blue Oxford book– Read pgs 160-183 Answer: Test yourself #1-10 pg 164 Green Pearson bk : Read chpt 2.6, 3.1 Answer: pg 59 #1,2; pg 64 #1,3,4 Pg 91 #1,3,4 pg 95 #2 Due 9/24. Population Dynamics.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
(write answer in complete sentences!)
Chapter 8 in Blue Oxford book– Read pgs160-183
Answer: Test yourself #1-10 pg164
Green Pearson bk: Read chpt 2.6, 3.1
Answer: pg 59 #1,2; pg 64 #1,3,4
Pg 91 #1,3,4 pg 95 #2
The study of how a population changes over time and space.
Population – a group of individuals from one species that may interbreed and produce offspring.
5 key properties of populations :
1. Abundance – size of a population at present time, past and future.
2. Birth rates – how many individuals born within a specific time period. (b = B/N)
3. Death rates – how many individuals die within a specific time period. (d = D/N)
4. Growth rates – birth rate – death rate = net number of individuals
5. Age Structure – the proportion of individuals at each age level with a population.
A closer look:
Pyramid, column, inverted pyramid, and column w/bulge.
Population at each stage of life
Ex: Many parts of Europe
You will research your ancestry’s origins.
Pick one country from your family’s past (can not be US, unless Native American, then use your Tribe)
Research the population from that time period and the current population.
A closer look: