Bakklandet. Stiftsgården. Nidaros Cathedral. The ruins of the old Olavskirken. Trondheim guidebook. Kristiansten fortress. Tyholt tower. Made by Yang, Thomas and Oliver of Trondheim international school. The ruins of the old Olavskirken. Introduction
This ruin maybe is the ruins of the old Olavskirken. Parts of the ruins and a number of well-preserved skeletons from the graveyard can be seen during opening hours in the courtyard between the old and the new library buildings.
Olaf's Church is a church in Trondheim. Medieval church declined, especially in the Reformation, 1537 is considered to be in the 17th century quarry use. In Trondheim's old town hall built in 1706, found that the church is often considered to explain the basis of Olaf Church. The area was excavated and carefully with the public libraries in the 1980s expanded the logs.
In the basement of the savings bank Spare Bank 1 Midt-Norge
One of the largest wooden buildings in the Nordic countries,
now called the Royal Residence, was completed in 1778 and
stretched all of 58 meters along Munkegaten.
Cecilia Christine Schøller, widow of the Privy Councilor, paid the amount of 7400 spesiedaler to have the mansion built
The widow and her in-laws had 140 rooms at their disposal. However, she did not have many years to enjoy the splendid interior of her new house before she left for Copenhagen, where she died in 1786. Her son-in-law, General Georg Fredrik von Krogh, organized the lively social activities here before the heirs sold the house to the state in 1800. Then the County Governor and the County Court moved in.
When Karl Johan was crowned in 1818, the Royal Residence served as the point of departure for the coronation procession to Nidaros Cathedral for the first time. The year after the union was dissolved - in 1906 - King Håkon VII was crowned, and the name "the Royal Residence" was taken into use. This mansion was the splendid backdrop for the blessing of King Olav V in 1958 and King Harald V in 1991, for the city's millennium celebrations, and for the joint celebration of the sixtieth birthdays of the King and the Queen in 1997.
The Royal Residence has the style and exquisite detail that make it a true wooden
palace. It offers rooms for any occasion including official receptions, with halls
across the whole width of the house on both floors, with Troningssalen –
the Throne Room - on the ground floor and Dronningens salon - the Queen's
Salon- on the floor above. It also has a number of rooms on each side combined
with smaller chambers. There are no corridors, but enfiladed double doors
between the rooms, so that when the doors are open the special character and
colours of the rooms can be seen at a glance. Examples of the light, airy Rococo
use of space abound, replete with elaborate embellishments and elegant
adornments in the ceilings, wall paintings and tapestries reflecting the
Nidarosdomen was started to be built in 1070. First it was
wary small, but after time many people come to visit the
place, so they build it even bigger and after it come more
and more people. So they build it bigger and so on. It was
made to bury Olav den Hellige. Some people have trade to
find Olav bay tearing down the floor and grave. But they
didn’t find Olav. It was the biggest church in the Middle
Ages in the north.
Inside the Nidarosdomen:When you are inside the Nidarosdomen you can see that everywhere on the wall end windows it is signs. All the signs means something, like a fruits means attraction and a angel is peace. One every windows hav a story and that the windows are made of many peaces. Some of the windows have thousands of pieces.
Bakklandet is from the Gamlebybro to the Elgseterbro. Bakklandet were the first suburbs, and it was first build in 1600s. Bakklandet is a very important part of the city. In 1658 burned Sweden bakklandet and in 1718 it was burned again of Norwegian forces, as part of the defense of the city.
In 1965, the road plan for Trondheim proposed that
the area large be demolished to make way for a four-lane motorway which would connect Elgeseter gate with Innherredsveien. The plans were met by opposition from locals, and by the early 1980s the plan was shelved. On Bakklandet lived craftsmen, small merchants and working people, so the piers were smaller and the houses easily and often on one town had also brews.
C: bakke bro
(400 ft.) and a good restaurant for tourists.
On a clear night it looks nice. The photothat is down
is the way to the Tyholt tower and the one here is the one on
the way back.
The Tyholt Tower is the 2nd biggest tourist attraction in Trondheim. It looks very nice at night! Did you know that on the top floor it turns round and you can see the whole city! The Tyholt tower was built in 1985 for telecommunications.
The Festning was built in Trondheim after the fire in 1681 and was finished in 1685. The fort was meant to be a thing to protect the Norwegians from the Swedish. But they stopped using it in 1816 by King Charles XIV John.
When the people came to Norway, we brought them to Sverresborg. Sverresborg is a cultural museum with old houses and churches from the medieval times. The museum has about sixty old buildings and most of these old houses are from the 17- and 1800’s. The museum started in 1909. We had the possibility to have a guided tour; the guide told us many things about how and why these buildings were built.
A stave church is a old Christian church made out of wood. They used to be common all around Europe but the remaining ones are mostly in Europe and from 1500..
THAT is a stave church!
the European Commission.
This publication reflects the views only of the
author, and the Commission cannot be held
responsible for any use which may be made of
the information contained therein.