GM and the Automobile Market: Context. Clay Carroll Saira Gillani Elysha Shipley Andrea Young. Demographics. Demographics. US population Racial Percentages Baby Boomers Generation Y World population Current Leaders Future Population Leaders. US Population 1. US Population 1.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Honda Civic Hybrid
Lexus SC 430
Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Lexus GS 300
Lexus IS 300
Honda Accord Hybrid
Honda Accord (four-cylinder)
Lexus LS 430
Lexus RX 400h
Toyota Land Cruiser
Toyota TundraMost Reliable AutomobilesConsumer Reports' Predictions for Most Reliable 2006 Models12
*italics denote GM brand
*italics denote GM brand
*italics denotes GM brand
Transportation costs increased 5.1% from August to September, while the price of all consumer goods only increased 1.2%. Transportation inflation has risen sharply since June. Transportation costs include new and used vehicles, gasoline, parts and equipment, maintenance and repair, and public as well as private transportation.
UAW’s GM Negotions:
UAW’s Ford Negotions:
The greenhouse effect is responsible for the earth’s current climate and weather. It keeps the planet at a habitable level. However, when concentrations of greenhouse gases increase, problems occur that lead to global warming. The biggest implication is the resultant increasing of overall global temperature. In turn, this leads to the melting of polar ice caps, rising sea levels, increased evaporation, decreased soil viability, increased quantities of rainfall, and increased intensity of storms. Each of these factors can affect all species and their ways of life.
If global warming continues at the current rate, the average global surface temperature could rise 1-4.5 degrees F in the next fifty years, and 2.2-10 degrees F in the next century, with significant regional variation.
1. US Census and World Population Data., 2000., www.census.gov
2. Top Ten Countries by Population
3. Race and Hispanic Data, March 13, 2001, AP release., http://cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/2001/fyi/news/03/13/hispanic.census/
4. Akers, Karen., More Boom For Your Buck., Winter 2001., http://www.logomall.com/imprintPM/issues/winter-2001/Features4.htm
5. Generation Y., Nueborne, Ellen., February 1999., http://www.businessweek.com/1999/99_07/b3616001.htm
6. Hands-free legislation., Map 2004., http://www.headsetzone.com/nylegislation.html
7. Hands free, Phone-Or Press Release., Feb. 28, 2000.,
8. Hands free technology., Newsfactor: Los Angeles Newsroom., October 12, 2000.,http://www.wirelessnewsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=5255
9. Internet vs. Dealerships., Lohr, Steve., Just Googling It Has Companies A Bit Unsettled ., November 05, 2005., http://articles.news.aol.com/business/article.adp?id=20051105145309990002&_mpc=business.10.1&cid=403
28. Kerwin, Kathleen and Welch, David. Borrowing from the Future. Business Week, January 10, 2005. Issue 3915
29. Miel, Rhoda. Experts expect automotive sales to rise. Plastics News, January 12, 2004. Issue 45, Volume 15.
30. CMO Private Placement Letter. Auto sales emerge as economy’s soft patch. September 27, 2004. Volume 22, Issue 37.
31. Peter, Coy. What's the Fuss Over Inflation Targeting? Business Week. November, 7, 2005, Issue 3958
35. American Gas Cost: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0d/Gas_Prices_Medium_Term.png/300px-Gas_Prices_Medium_Term.png
36. Figure 1.1 Energy Overview: http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/pdf/pages/sec1_4.pdf
37. Fuel Cell Technology Showcase: http://www.sae.org/fuelcells/fuelcells.htm
38. MARTA: http://www.itsmarta.com
39. Methane: http://www.epa.gov/methane/sources.html
40. Mobile Gas Price: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/images/050830_gas_prices.jpg