10 networking tips
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Answer some questions – Look into the Q&A and see if you can help anyone.
Show your expertise by posting a quick answer to someone’s question. It is a
way of showing your authority and a genuine way of getting business.
2. Update your status – you should look to update your status at least once a day.
This feeds into an activity ‘feed’ that can be seen through your contacts home
page. Let people know what you are up to.
3. Recommend – Maybe once a week or so you should try to recommend someone
or a product. You can write a review that your contact will no doubt appreciate
and may even do in return in the future. Only do this for people you have worked
with or are happy to recommend though.
4. Introduce – Keep an eye out for people who are looking for something or need
help. You may know someone who can help. If you do, introduce them. It will
be good for all three of you.
5. Accept invitations – This is the whole purpose of the site. So, if you get an
invitation and you feel that it makes sense to connect, accept it! Do this often so
that it does not pile up and become unmanageable.
6. Invite your contacts – If you have any business cards then be sure to invite the
people to LinkedIn or any other networks they are on. Ensure that you are
spreading your network as far as you can
7. Seek new contacts and connections broadly
8. Comment, Like and Share
The postings of others and the group
9. Engage in thoughtful group discussion
10. Help promote your network