Foreign Promotion of the Handicraft sector Elder Chong Díaz Programs & Communication Department - IPEX. Castilla-La Mancha Region. Area: 79.463 Km2
Foreign Promotion of the Handicraft sectorElder Chong DíazPrograms & Communication Department - IPEX
* Food / Wine
* Industrial and
Consumer goods /
* Information Services
* Training / Scholarships
* CommunicationForeign Trade Institute of Castilla-La Mancha (IPEX)
Organization of the Regional Government of Castilla-La Mancha, Established in 2002
Subordinated to the Regional Ministry of Economy and Treasury
Mission: Promote and support the internationalization of the enterprises and the region of Castilla-La Mancha
- Foreign offices
In coordination and collaboration with other Regional Government Departments, specifically, the General Direction of Handicraft and Tourism, and other representative institutions of the sector, like the Regional Federation of Handicraft, Mezquita de Tornerias Foundation, amongst others.
Program of pre-initiation to export
Operation: Some companies from different sectors share at the same time an export manager.
- Incorporate Castilla-La Mancha SME´s into the international markets and exports.
- Create a structure of export managers with experience in foreign trade and a good knowledge of the region’s companies, in order to retain talent in Castilla-La Mancha.
Since 2006: There is a professional appointed for the handicraft sector
Target: Promote cooperation among companies of the region, to have a joint offer of products to determined foreign markets.
Experiences developed and consolidated in furniture, doors and food sectors.
Sentisitation and education. Seminars and workshops about the main exports aspects: Export prices, main foreign markets, use of new technologies, among others.
- Craftwork’s sector Internet guide, a disposal of regional craftworkers.
- Other resources (importers´ listings)
15 International Representatives (promoters and trainees) in IPEX Offices and Spanish Trade Representations.
Individual support and requests.