Bring Afterschool Meals to Your Organization. Presented by the New Mexico Afterschool Alliance September 2013. Welcome!. Introductions The Importance of Afterschool Meals in New Mexico New Mexico’s Afterschool Nutrition Program Options Preparing For the Application Process
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presented by the New Mexico Afterschool Alliance
NMASA believes in improving the quantity and quality of afterschool programs in New Mexico. Join one of our committees today! Membership is free and your afterschool program will be showcased on our website.
November 8th and 9th, 2013
at the Nativo Lounge in Albuquerque, NM.
Let us know if you would like to receive an invitation!
- Low income families use the little cash they have, or their food stamps allowance to load up on sugar, low-cost foods. This unhealthy option keeps the hunger under control until Breakfast After The Bell at school the next day.
- Today, SNAP benefits only cover about ¾ of a family’s monthly allowance. In these cases, or when families are not receive assistance, children and their families simply go hungry.
- Addan afterschool meal to your program
- Switchfrom a small snack, to a full balanced afterschool meal!
1 Eligible Afterschool Program
1 Sanitary Indoor or Outdoor Common Area to Serve the Meals
2-3 Staff Members to Operate the Program
* Programs that do not have an adequate kitchen or a big enough kitchen to prepare meals can contract with a current meal sponsor OR a food service management company
BUDGETING IS KEY!
Completing the nutrition program readiness worksheet
Mapping our community…
Newmexicokids.org orLoren Miller, Program Manager, at (505) 827-9961
-Teila Theisen, AmeriCorps VISTA for NMASA, at (505) 827-1462 or [email protected]