FACILITATE LEARNING SESSION. 5 LEARNING OUTCOMES/ACTIVITIES. LO1 . Prepare Training Facilities/Resources LO2. Conduct Pre-Assessment LO3. Facilitate Learning Sessions LO4. Conduct Competency Assessment LO5. Review Training Delivery. LO1 - PREPARE TRAINING FACILITIES/RESOURCES.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
5 LEARNING OUTCOMES/ACTIVITIES LO1. Prepare Training Facilities/Resources LO2. Conduct Pre-Assessment LO3. Facilitate Learning Sessions LO4. Conduct Competency Assessment LO5. Review Training Delivery
LO1 - PREPARE TRAINING FACILITIES/RESOURCES • THE PRINCIPLE OF COMPETENCY BASED TRAINING a. Role of Instructor/Trainer/Trainees b. Changes when CBT is Implemented c. Educational Advantages of CBT d. Ten (10) Basic Principles in Delivering CBT e. Nine (9) Learning Components /Environment for CBT f. The Trainee’s 10 Commandments g. Principles of Adult Learning h. Delivery Plans i. Learning Stations j. The Training Activity Matrix
2. PRINCIPLES OF ADULT LEARNING a. Characteristics of Adult Learner
3. DELIVERY PLANS • Ensure that presentation and training methods are appropriate • Use training equipment and materials correctly • Provide frequent advice and feedback to facilitate the ;learning process • Provide ample practice opportunities • Monitor trainee’s readiness for assessment • Explain the 9 events of instruction • Gain attention • Inform learner of objectives • Stimulate recall of prior learning • Present stimulus material • Provide learner guidance • Elicit performance • Provide feedback • Assess performance • Enhance retention and transfer
4. LEARNING STATIONS • Reading area • Simulators • Role play area • Benchwork area
5. TRAINING ACTIVITY MATRIX • Objectives • Training facilities and resources • Matrix • Guidelines in making TAM
LO2 – CONDUCT PRE-ASSESSMENT 1. Recognition of Prior Learning • Meaning of RPL • Advantage of RPL • Evidence for RPL • RPL Assessment • Perceived benefits of RPL to students/trainees • Perceived benefits of RPL to TI’s/TC’s • Perceived benefits for employers
2. PRE-ASSESSMENT • Purpose of pre-assessment • Pre-assessment activities a. Before the pre-assessment b. During the pre-assessment c. After the assessment
LO3 – FACILITATE TRAINING SESSION 1. Competency Based Training Delivery A. THE NINE (9) LEARNING COMPONENTS /ENVIRONMENT FOR CBT • Trainers resource area • Learning resource area • Contextual area • Practical work area • Support area • Institutional Assessment area • Quality control Area • Distance Learning Area • Computer Lab Area
2. FEEDBACK MECHANISM • What is Feedback • Types of feedback • Principles in giving effective feedback • Feedback strategies • Barriers in giving feedback • The role of feedback in learning • Feedback in competency-Based Learning • Tools in providing feedback • Characteristics of effective feedback • Guidelines for providing constructive feedback
3. MONITORING TOOLS USED IN CBT • Progress chart • Achievement chart • Trainees record book • Trainees progress sheet
4. FOCUSED GROUP DISCUSSION • Objectives • Observation results and focus group discussion • Purpose • Approaching focus group facilitation • Encourage discussion • Managing risk • Minutes of the meeting • Before the meeting • During the meeting • After the meeting • Minutes of the meeting
LO4 – CONDUCT COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT 1. Institutional Competency Evaluation • Preparation for Institutional competency assessment • Methods used in Institutional Competency Evaluation • Written test • Demonstration with questioning • Observation with questioning • Before the test • During the test • After the test
LO5 – REVIEW DELIVERY OF TRAINING SESSSION 1. Competency Based Training Review and Evaluation • Training Evaluation • Feedback • CBT Evaluation tools • Rating Sheets • Focus Group Discussion • Document Review • Self Evaluation