A Crusade for All. The Task.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
You have been assigned your crusade in Social studies class. You need people to follow you to the promise land. How will you get them to follow you? Of course, you need to be persuasive by creating a catchy slogan and a persuasive paragraph. The use of propaganda techniques will certainly help you in your quest.
Click here for the informational page that your social studies teacher gave you
4. Click here for the informational page that your social studies teacher gave you
The Peasants Crusade (1096-1096) was rallied in response to the same problems that precipitated the First Crusade. Two preachers called the peasants of France to leave their fields and go to fight in the Holy Land: Peter the Hermit and Walter the Penniless. Famine, civil war, and sickness made rural France an unpleasant place in which to live, so the peasants went quite willingly in droves. This Crusade was unorganized, and many of the people who went had no idea what they were doing, where they were going, or what they were in for. The nobility of England who passed by these Crusaders viewed them "with contempt as persons who had altogether lost their wits," according to Ekkhard of Aurach in Hierosolymita (ca. 1101). The deeds of any peasants who did manage to fight with the noble Crusaders of the First Crusade were considered part of that First Crusade.
Copy the slogan on a sheet of paper and write down why they are “poor” slogans
1. Get land or die tryin
2. The Kings Want You
3. Come with Steven and you’ll be leavin’
4. You’ll Gain a lot if you just try. We are protected by GOD in the sky
5. If all you do is daydream about lots of ice cream then come to the Children’s Crusade
6. Join us Now
7. Protect your family from violence. Save the Holy Land from the Christian infidels
8. Gather your friends, follow Stephen of Cloyes, follow in his footsteps, and gain some toys.
9. Protect our holy land or die
10. Protect or Islam Dies