Geological mapping designed in ArcGIS:Example of Azé region Dechamps Sylvain Ulg, geology department
1. Introduction Why a geological map in Azé? A geological map 1:10.000 scale +- 40 km² Coupled with Master thesis
2. location 2.1 Geographical view
2.1 Geological view 2. location
3. Data gathering 3.1 Bibliographical researches Already a geological map? Which scale? Geological context? Other information?
3.2 Fieldwork 3. Data gathering Several kinds of outcrops! To find the outcrop!
3. Data gathering 3.2 Fieldwork Measurements at the outcrop…
3. Data gathering 3.2 Fieldwork Use of geomorphology and vegetation
3. Data gathering 3.2 Fieldwork
4. Design on ArcGIS Topographic map background + georeferencing
4. Design on ArcGIS Location of outcrops and measurements…
4. Design on ArcGIS Section and lithostratigraphic log