Profile Information Your Name: Josh Levine Company Name: (none) Application Title: TeePipe
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What does your app do?
2. What type of application is it? (ex: sidebar tool, RSS alert, etc.)
It is a combination of a driver, a system service, a tool tray app, and a sidebar tool.
3. Who is the target audience?
Anyone who wants to access the internet at speeds faster than available through any one broadband connection, but doesn’t want to pay for a NxT1 or T3 circut.
4. What is the target industry?
5. What problem(s) does your App solve for its users?
The price per megabit for technologies like DSL and Cable Modems are fantastic, but these technologies have fixed maximum capacities per link, and you are only able to use one link at any given moment. TeePipe solves this problem by letting users mix and match any number and combination of individual pipes to create a single virtual pipe that is as large and as reliable as they like, without having to move up to other technologies like NxT1s and T3s that cost much more per megabit.
6. Describe a situation in which your App would be useful.
A person has maxed out their DSL connection. They want more speed, but they already have the fastest DSL line their carrier offers. With TeePipe, they can order a second DSL line and get almost twice the throughput for the same low cost per megabit.
7.What system requirements are necessary to run your app? (Ex: Windows XP, SQL Server, etc.)
8. Which Windows Vista functions does your app use? We’re not judging based on this—just curious.
Windows Filtering Platform
9. What additional technology, if any, does your app use? (Ex: web services, 3rd party software, etc.) Again, this isn’t part of the judging criteria—just wondering.
10. Does your app have an installation routine?
11. Did you document your coding process?
12. Is your app web-enabled?
13. If you make to to the final round, may we feature screen shots of your app in an online Code Master Showcase?
*multiple cable connections don’t really help, but multiple DSL connections scale well up to about 3-4 especially when from different ISPs
TeePipe is a simple program with almost no user interface, but it leverages new Vista technology under the covers to let people take advantage all the broadband capacity they have available.
Why buy one big and expensive pipe when you can have lots of little ones?