Exceptional Education Student Descriptions Presented by: James J. Messina, Ph.D. Exceptional Student Categories Mentally Handicapped Specific Learning Disability Hearing Impaired Blind/Visually Impaired Emotionally Handicapped Physically Impaired Autistic Speech and Language Impaired
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
James J. Messina, Ph.D.
1. Down Syndrome
Incidence: 1 in 800 or 350,000
2. Fragile X Syndrome-X Chromosome
3. Prader Willi Syndrome-Chromosome 15
4. Angelman Syndrome-Chromosome 15
5. Williams Syndrome-Elastin Gene-Chromosome 7
6. Rett Syndrome-defective regulatory MECP2 gene, found on the X chromosome-mostly females
7. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
8. Congenital Cytomegalovirus CMV
9. Brain Injury
Exhibit a wide range of traits, including:
Other traits that may be present include: