Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
THE ROLE OF THE MEDITERRANEAN NETWORKS OF COOPERATIVE RESEARCH IN ANIMAL PRODUCTION IN FAVOR OF INNOVATION Situation and outlooks for the future Jean-Paul DUBEUF*, Jean BOYAZOGLU** *INRA -SAD, LRDE, F-20250 Corte - firstname.lastname@example.org **F - 06500 Menton - email@example.com.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
THE ROLE OF THE MEDITERRANEAN NETWORKS OF COOPERATIVE RESEARCH IN ANIMAL PRODUCTION IN FAVOR OF INNOVATION
Situation and outlooks for the future
Jean-Paul DUBEUF*, Jean BOYAZOGLU**
*INRA -SAD, LRDE, F-20250 Corte - firstname.lastname@example.org
**F - 06500 Menton - email@example.com
A description and an analyse of the rôle of the 2 main permanent networks involved in animal production based on :
- a long time participating observation of their organization and activity
- a comparison between their constitutions and declared objectives with their real activities
The networks : EAAP Mediterranean group and FAO/CIHEAM Networks (sheep and goats, Mediterranean pig, local rabbit breeds, Mediterranean pasture)
- The formal support of several international institutions (FAO, CIHEAM, EAAP, etc...)
- A voluntary and permanent participation of several hundreds scientist, 60 national institutions, 35 countries
- Many thematic publications and symposiums
- Personal enthusiasm of scientific leaders with global visions but close relations to local roots
A gap between the objectives and realisations
Several exposed missions and objectives
- Defining research objectives
- Organising dialogue between the actors
- An activity presented as a connexion between Research and Development
- Consultancy for decision making
- Information for all users
The real activities
- Symposiums, seminars and other meetings, the main chance to meet and to interact collectively;
- Facilitating Cooperative Research projects
- Frequent but sporadic participation of stakeholders
- Non permanent information services and activities,
Why this gap? The recent changes
-Few real evaluation nor real institutional steering with a danger of auto legitimacy.
-More specialized profiles of the scientists
-Less institutional involvement and no significant target financial support
To favour innovation, new forms of organizations between the stakeholders (administration, industry, researchers and technicians) are needed (theoretic background)
A DISCUSSION TO OPEN : CAN THESE NETWORKS BE A CONTRIBUTION TO BUILD THESE NEW ORGANISATIONS AND HOW?