2. Which state is the second largest? Western Australia South Australia New South Wales Queensland
3. Who was the commander of the First Fleet that arrived from Great Britain in 1788? Captain Arthur Phillips Captain Phillip Arthur Captain Arthur Phillip Commander John Cook
1. In which states was gold first discovered in Australia? Tasmania & Victoria New South Wales & Queensland Victoria & South Australia New South Wales & Victoria
4. What do we remember on Anzac Day? The first landing at Anzac Cove The landing of the Australian & New Zealand Army Corps at Gallipoli, Turkey The arrival of the first free settlers from Britain
5. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey? Yes No
6. What are the colours of the Australian Aboriginal flag? Black, red & green Black, red & yellow Black, orange & yellow
7. Which of these statements about government in Australia is correct? The government does not allow some religions. Government in Australia is secular. Religious laws are passed by parliament.
9. Which of these is an example of equality in Australia? Men & women have the same rights. Everyone follows the same religion. Everyone belongs to the same political party.
10. Which of these is a responsibility of a citizen over 18 years of age? To vote in elections To have a current Australian passport To attend local council meetings
11. What purple coloured root vegetable is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?
12. What happened in Australia on January 1st 1901? The Australian Constitution came into effect. The Australain & New Zealand Army Corps was formed. The Australian Constitution was changed by referendum.
13. What is a referendum? A vote to change the Constitution A vote to change the Prime Minister A vote to change the government
15. What is the name of the proposal to make a law in parliament? Royal Assent Bill Debate
16. What does ‘sinkin piss at a mates joint’ and getting’ parra’ mean?Write your answer in standard English.
17. Explain the following passage.‘In the arvo last Chrissy the relos rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a nanna nap we opned the pressies, scoffed all the chockies, bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo.’ Rewrite in standard English