Singular and Plural Nouns. Tom Souter. There are 6 ways to change a noun from singular to plural. A noun is a person, place, or thing. Singular means only one noun. Plural means more than one noun. Rule 1 Most nouns become plural by adding “ s ”. boy. boy s. book. book s. desk. desk s.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Most nouns become plural by adding “s”.
2. Nouns that end in “ch”, “sh”, “x” add “es”
3. Nouns that end in”f” or “fe” often change to “ves”.
4. Some nouns change the inside spelling.
5. Nouns that end in consonant letter and “y”, drop the “y” and add “ies”.
6. Some nouns do not change when making them plural.