Alford Academy PASS Workshop. Session Objectives. We would like you to:-. 1. Hear about learning styles in S2 Enrichment from Megan. Learn from our seniors, Rachel and Jasper, how to find out about your own learning style. Use an on-line learning styles questionnaire.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
We would like you to:-
1. Hear about learning styles in S2 Enrichment from Megan.
5. Help us to evaluate what we do and tell us how we can improve.
A learning style is a way of learning that is best for you, also known as a learning preference.
How I learn best:-
Visual = 6Auditory = 4Read/write = 2Kinesthetic = 11
Having a strong Kinesthetic score I am a DOING LEARNER
I prefer for example:
Lab work Field Trips Being given real life examples Hands–on practical work
V stands for VISUAL – you prefer seeing:
A stands for AURAL – you prefer listening:
* discuss topics with others
* discuss topics with your teachers
* explain new ideas to other people
* use a tape recorder
* remember the interesting examples, stories, jokes
* describe the overheads, pictures and other visuals to somebody who was not there
* leave spaces in your notes for later recall and 'filling'
R stands for READ/WRITE
* readings (library)
* teachers who use words well and have lots of information in sentences and notes
K stands for KINESTHETIC – you prefer to DO
* use all your senses
* lab work
* field trips
* real life examples
* hands on approaches (cooking, computers)
* trial and error
* exhibits, samples, photographs
* recipes, solutions to problems, previous worked examples
1. Log into the school computer
3. Select the questionnaire link – have a go!
1. Did any of you score equally on all VARKs?
2. Do you agree with the VARK scores? In what ways?
3. How might your child use VARK scores to aid their studies?
1. In your pack is a helpsheet on how to use the Learning Teaching Scotland website
2. Spend a few moments browsing this site
3. How might you use this with your child to support their studies?