LEADERS OF LEARNING . . . . Roger Breed Elkhorn Public Schools September 2006. MENTOR LESSONS . . . “There are no children that can’t learn, but there are some that need a little more time and a different approach.”
Elkhorn Public Schools
-D. Sparks 2004
Can Public Schools go from
Good to Great?
-Is knowledgeable about instructional and assessment practices
-Provides conceptual guidance for teachers regarding effective classroom practice
-Monitors & evaluates the effectiveness of school practices and their impact on student learningThree Leadership Responsibilities and Practices
-Promotes cooperation among staff
-Promotes a sense of well-being
-Promotes cohesion among staff
-Develops an understanding of purpose
-Develops a shared vision of what the school could be like
“Much change is structural and superficial. Transforming culture -- Changing what people in the organization value and how they work together to accomplish it-- leads to deep, lasting change.”
Waverly High School Principal
Dr. Phil Warrick
*For the class of 2007:
NON SPED STUDENTS:
1. Research based interventions…..
2. Assessments that will be used to monitor effectiveness…..
3. Funding sources that will be used to implement the interventions….
4. Training and staff development necessary for these interventions…..
5. Identification of people responsible for these activities…..