Generate Revenue from Apps. By RAD-INFO & HyperOffice, 2006.
By RAD-INFO & HyperOffice, 2006
tom peters of in search of excellence wrote:The Incredible, Wild, Whacky, Scary, Super Cool Future …and Why We’re Not Even Remotely Prepared, and What We Can Do About It, for the Sake of Our Careers, Work and Organizations: A Musing on Strategies, Tactics, Attitudes, Tips, and General Observations, Such as … Why scale economies are over-rated, How to beat Wal*Mart, Why All MBA Programs Should Be Closed, Why Only Freaks Get Things Done (in Freaky Times), Why Outrageously Audacious Devotion to Game-changing Innovation Is the Premier Survival Requisite,Why Women Are Better Leaders Than Men (and They Also Buy Everything, Though Just Try Telling That to the World’s Advertising “Geniuses”), and How UPS & IBM Are Actually All About Love!
“A focus on cost-cutting and efficiency has helped many organizations weather the downturn, but this approach will ultimately render them obsolete.Only the constant pursuit of innovation can ensure long-term success.”—Daniel Muzyka, Dean, Sauder School of Business, Univ of British Columbia (FT/09.17.04)
e-mail = appIM / chat = appskype = appBroadband Penetration is all about applications. It’s about what people can do with the access, not the access itself.
WOMA is word of mouth advertising; sneezing
First and foremost with email – the original killer app!
It starts with email, then IM, then a website.
*** Teach them How to Connect!Seminars, classes, HOWTO’s, streaming video, on-site.Purple idea:Tupperware parties? How about selling iPods, wi-fi, VoIP, digital cameras, PC accessories like webcams & mikes via the Tupperware method? Teach how to use, upload, create, share, connect…
Mashups and Filters: Bloglines, Eurekster, Simply Hired, Technorati, Trulia, and Google
New Phone: Fonality, SIPphone, Iotum, Vivox, and Skype
WebTop: JotSpot, 30Boxes, 37Signals, Writely, Zimbra and Microsoft
(Zimbra is online email powered with AJAX)
Under the Hodd: Brightcove, Jigsaw, SimpleFeed, SalesForce.com, SixApart, and Amazon.com
From Business 2.0 March 2006More Apps
(the E-Myth plus some)
“Designing ANYTHING for the masses is silly. Why? Because the masses don’t buy stuff any more. The edges do.”
1. A Bias For Action Is Job One! (Construct a Discipline/Culture of EXECUTION!)
2. DECENTRALIZATION! ACCOUNTABILITY! (Tom’s “Top Two”, 1965-2005.)
3. Fail. Forward. Fast. (“Reward Excellent Failures, Punish Mediocre Successes.”)
4. “Metabolic Management” Matters! (Hustle! Adapt! EAT CHANGE! Win the
“O.O.D.A. Loop” War—Confuse Your Competitors!)
5. INNOVATE or Die. (“Game-changers” or Bust! Lead the Customer! Just Shout “NO” to Imitation!)
6. A Damn Good Product. (Pursue “Dramatic Difference.”)
7. A Damn Cool Product. (Design Rules!)
8. Ride the Value Added Curve to the Sky! (Sell “GamechangerSolutions”; Provide “Scintillating Experiences”; Become a “Dream Merchant”; Strive to Be a “Lovemark.”)
9. Relentlessly Pursue the “Big Two” Markets. (WOMEN Buy Everything
BOOMERS & GEEZERS Have All the Money!)
10. Best “Talent”/Roster Wins! (HR Rules! Everyone a Leader! Women Lead Best! “Weird” Matters Most! A Workplace to Brag About! Educate for Creativity!)
11. Demanded: Radical Technology Strategies! (“Incrementalism” Is for Wimps!)
12. Hard Is Soft! Soft Is Hard! (People! Passion! Enthusiasm! Wow! INTEGRITY! TRUST! Good Citizenship.)
13. Accept No Less Than EXCELLENCE! (Excellence, Pursuit thereof, Is the #1 Thing That Vaults Us Out of Bed in the Morning)
Take one idea and use it!
RAD-INFO, Inc. is available to help your organization implement these ideas.
Consulting - Ideas
Data - Internet - vox
FREE 30-day trial of this collaboration software suite. Start adding a new revenue stream to your business today.
Call RAD-INFO or HyperOffice 301.255.0018