ACTIVE AND PASSIVE. TENSES. Functions of Simple P resent :. 1. To state habitual action). You go to the market everyday My father goes to the office from Monday until Friday. Simple Present. 2. To state general truth. A dog has four legs There are seven days in one week.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. To state two events that happened in the past. The two events are joined by the word when .
3. Next summer, our family is having a reunion during the July 4th holiday weekend. My uncle from Finland is trying to come, but he is starting a new business this year so it is difficult for him to get away. Another uncle is spending the whole summer with us. He is working at my mother’s travel agency from June through august.
4. For many immigrants to the United States, their ethnic associations remain important in-groups long after they have left their home countries. Even while they are learning a new language, many are looking to speakers of their native language as an in-group that understands their struggles to adapt to a new way of life.
6. The machinery is checked five times by the people before it is put in a box for shipping.
7. The scholarships were given by the school to many students from low-income families.
8. Hey! Your car is being towed by the police!
9. The old book was given by the museum to the university.
10. The weeds on the hill are going to be cut down down by someone tomorrow.
8. The pores in a leaf are called stomata.
9. Microcomputers will be used more and more in the future.
10. A pound of potatoes is needed for the experiment.
The age of pyramid building in Egypt began about 2900 B.C. The Great pyramids are intended to serve as burial places for the Pharaohs, as the kings of Egypt are called. Construction on the largest pyramid was started around 2800 B.C for Khufu, the King of the Fourth Dynasty, or Cheops, as he is referred to by Greek historians. It is 482 feet high and 755 feet long. The Pyramids as a group comprises one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The other Six Wonders no longer stand, and modern archaelogists know of them only through the descriptions that were written at the time they still existed.
1. Easy loans are provided by the World Bank to developing countries in need of funds for economic development
2. The quality of goods for exports has to be improved by the producers in order to penetrate increasingly competitive world markets.
3. A larger parking site has to be provided by Bank Prima for the growing number of customers.
4. The value of textile exports dropped significantly last year because quota systems had been implemented by certain buying countries.
5. The project proposals are being examined by the government officials before a particular contractor is selected.
6. Companies need to be managed professionally as big problems may be created by poor management.
7. A new, advanced reservation system has been developed by the Indonesian Hotel Association to accommodate the increasing number of tourists, and it will be implemented by the hotel early next year.
8. The quality control is being intensified by our company to meet increasingly tough competition in the global market.
9. Some rivers are badly polluted because strict measures has not been takenn by the government against factories dumping unprocessed wastes into rivers.
10. Last year, a memorandum of cooperation was signed by Australia and Indonesia after 59 cases related to violations of air traffic regulation were recorded by them.
11. A slight adjustment to the data has to be made by the senior researcher before they can be processed by the computer.
12. All of the data are being analyzed by the managers before a proposal can be submitted by them for business expansion.