Louisiana Purchase. BY : Student Period ____. Back Round Information!. In 1803 two men, named Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were sent to explore water pathways to the P acific Ocean. They were sent by Thomas Jefferson.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
-some being species, Indian tribes, and the rocky mountains.
to make there journey up steam on the
Missouri River in a 55 foot long keelboat.
Clark stayed on the boat to mark the course and making maps, Lewis was ashore studying the rocks, and animals and plants.
- They were prepared for any situation with the Indians. They hoped they would be friendly and able to make peace with them, But incase they weren’t they were armed.
- The Oto and Missouri Indians, which went over well
- Lewis was quoted as saying “ Ocian in view! O! the joy”
Lewis and Clark found so many new animals and in such large quantities. But now those animals are never seen so much, and some are even extinct or on the verge of it.
Some animals they found:
Grizzly Bear mountain lion Wolverine
American Bison coyote elk
-Lack of privacy
-Disagreements between the men
- Deaths Because of Nature
Successes along the journey:
- One of the main successes was all the information gained from the trip out West.
- We also received a better, friendlier relation with the Native Americans of the new owned territory.
- A great perception of the land and Geography of the unknown land.