UNIT 1. GREETINGS AND INTRODUCTIONS. Greetings : Greetings are common in every culture. People in different cultures have their own way. Thai people - “wai” The American - “shake hand” The Japan - “bow” American and British ask and answer : How are you ? - Fine, thank you.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
GREETINGS AND INTRODUCTIONS
Thai people - “wai”
The American - “shake hand”
The Japan - “bow”
American and British ask and answer :
How are you ? - Fine, thank you.
How are you doing ? - Not so well, I have a cold.
1. When you introduce yourself, you shake hand and look the other person in the eye and smile.
2. When you are introduced you say “How do you do” and the response is “How do you do” or “Pleased to meet you”
3. When you are introduced to people of your own age, you say “Hi” or “Hello”
4. When you introduce other people, you introduce
- men to women
- younger persons to older persons
- people of lower positions to higher positions