Unit 7.7 Welding. Welding. 1. What is essential to know to achieve optimum performance of your plasma cutting system?. 2. Welding. What is Plasma? It’s the fourth state of matter that forms because of heat added to gas. 3. Welding.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. What is essential to know to achieve optimum performance of your plasma cutting system?
3. What is the perfect cut? It Would Have a Square angle, no Metallurgical Changes, and no kerf
4. List 4 types of cutting methods. Chemical, Thermal, Mechanical, and Thermal-chemical
5. What is the 4th state of matter? Plasma
6. What are the first three states of matter? Solid, liquid, and Gas
7. Define ice. Ice is the solid state of water
8. Define steam. Steam is the gas form of water
9. Explain ionization of gases.
10. What is a natural example of plasma . Lightning
11. Define Plasma Cutting.
12. What does the torch do? The torch is a holder for consumable parts and provides cooling to these parts
13. What does the nozzle and electrode do?
14. What are the four major system components of every plasma cutting system? Start Signal, Torch Starting Mechanisms, Gas Flow, Pilot Arc
15. Define power supply. Produces constants pure DC Output
16. Explain what the gas console does?
17. Explain the functions of the torch. Holds the consumable parts and cools them it is the most important piece of the puzzle
18. List the sequence of events that takes place with plasma cutting.
19. What does OCV stand for? Open current Voltage
20. What does HF stand for? High frequency
21. When the pilot arc is brought into contact with the ___Work Piece_______, it will attach to the workpiece. The ___Plasma_______ arc melts the metal, and the high velocity gas removes the molten material.
22. What causes nozzle damage? Pitting and Ovaling the ofrice
23. What is torch shielding?
24. List 4 benefits of torch shielding?
25. Define Kerf: an opening caused by metal removed by plasma arc
26. Define dross. Dross is the resolidfied on the bottom or top of the cut
28. What are lag lines? Lag lines are ripples on the cut face or surface
28. What are three applications of using plasma cutting?